This patch installer (File Viewer Utility 1.0/1.1 Patch) corrects some parts of the RAW image converter module of the File Viewer Utility. (The version of File Viewer Utility remains the same.)
Bugs Fixed with This Patch
This File Viewer Utility 1.0/1.1 Patch corrects the following issues of File Viewer Utility, the RAW image conversion utility software for PowerShot G3/S45.
1. Symptom Accurate color reproduction cannot be obtained when converting, with File Viewer Utility, RAW images that were shot with PowerShot G3 or PowerShot S45 under the circumstances below.
2. Condition (Only if both conditions below are satisfied.)
(1) Recording format:
(2) White Balance:
Custom White Balance
This phenomenon occurs only with File Viewer Utility Ver.1.0 or 1.1.
Confirm that File Viewer Utility Ver1.0 or 1.1 is installed on your computer.
To obtain accurate color when shooting RAW images with a custom white balance setting after installing File Viewer Utility 1.0/1.1 Patch, please note the precaution below when setting a custom white balance setting.
When you set a custom white balance setting using the camera's LCD monitor, angle the subject so that the whole frame is filled with a white paper or cloth. If there are any color(s) other than white in the frame, the white data may not be captured properly.
Follow the procedure below to download.
This software program is created in Disk Image File and saved as a self-extract file (Stuffit).
1. Double-click the file below to start downloading.
2. Double-clicking the downloaded file will start extraction and mount the disk. A mounted disk icon [MXFVU1011udEN] will then be displayed in the Finder.
3. Double-click the [English] folder in the [MXFVU1011udEN] folder, and then double-click [updateInstaller] to start the installer.
Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with installation.