Outline of the software
ImageBrowser 5.2.1 Updater for Mac OS X is software for updating the previously installed ImageBrowser to (or installing) ImageBrowser 5.2.1 on your computer.
1. This software is exclusively for Mac OS X (10.1.5 to 10.3).
If you are running Mac OS 9.2, please use ImageBrowser 3.5.2 for Mac OS 9, which can be downloaded separately.
2. To update to (or install) ImageBrowser 5.2.1, one of the following applications needs to be installed on your computer.
- PowerShot Browser
- Digital Photo Professional
- EOS Viewer Utility
3. If you cannot update to ImageBrowser 5.2.1 because the current ImageBrowser you are using does not run on Mac OS X, please refer to the following instructions.
3-1. Update ImageBrowser to version 3.0.4 using ImageBrowser 3.0.4 Updater for Mac OS X (ImageBrowser 3.0.4 Updater for Mac OS X can be downloaded separately).
3-2. Update to ImageBrowser 5.2.1 Updater for Mac OS X again.
1. Changes from ImageBrowser 5.2.0a to ImageBrowser 5.2.1
With ImageBrowser 5.0 - 5.2.0a, there were cases that the camera not being detected upon connection if scanners or all-in-one printers are connected simultaneously to Macintosh. This problem has now been fixed.
2. Changes from ImageBrowser 5.0 to ImageBrowser 5.2.0a
2-1. Improved image display and image-import features
2-1-1. It is now possible to display AF frames on images taken with an EOS DIGITAL camera.
2-1-2. It is now possible to transfer images automatically by pressing the Print/Share button on your camera.
2-2. Conversion of RAW images taken with EOS DIGITAL cameras
It is now possible to convert RAW images taken with the following EOS DIGITAL models:
EOS D30, EOS D60, EOS-1D, EOS-1Ds, EOS 10D, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS 20D, EOS-1Ds Mark II,
EOS Kiss Digital/EOS DIGITAL REBEL/EOS 300D DIGITAL,
EOS Kiss Digital N/EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/EOS 350D DIGITAL and EOS 20Da
2-3. Improved movie-editing features
feature was added for saving edited movies (Motion JPEG AVI images) that have been taken with a digital camera or a digital camcorder at the most appropriate quality.
2-4. The following problem has been fixed:
With ImageBrowser 5.0, there were cases that some images could not be imported to the computer.
Download and Installation
Please refer to the instructions below on how to download and install the software.
The download file is saved as a Disk-image file.
1. Click the download file at the bottom of this page to start downloading.
2. When the download is finished, the file will self-extract and then the downloaded folder will appear on the desktop.
3. Double-click the downloaded file. A new disk icon with the same name as the downloaded file will be created on the desktop, and then it will open automatically.
4. Double-click the
folder inside it.
to start the installer, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.