Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 incorporates the following fixes:
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which flicker compensation may be incorrectly applied when shooting, resulting in flicker and horizontal color stripes in the footage.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera menu will freeze after choosing [Access Point Connection] from the [Wi-Fi] menu when Russian is selected in the language menu and the camera is running Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the audio will be out of sync when recording at 23.98P frame rate and 24 Mbps LPCM Recording Mode is selected.
4. Fixes a pre-recording control issue when recording in MP4 format.
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 is for the camcorders with Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 to Version 188.8.131.52. If your camcorder's firmware is already Version 184.108.40.206, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the camcorder is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camcorder's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camcorder and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camcorder's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Menu Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VJE4.FIM / file size: 29,494,144 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A camcorder body
2. A computer (OS: Mac OS X)
OS Requirements: Mac OS X (10.7-10.9)
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD memory card or an SDHC/SDXC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camcorder
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camcorder
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Q1: What are the changes of Firmware Version 220.127.116.11?
1. In rare cases, when shooting video in a low-light environment which is subject to a drastic change in brightness, or in an artificial lighting environment, such as fluorescent lighting, a flicker phenomenon may occur. This firmware version corrects the control method to reduce this phenomenon.
2. This firmware corrects a phenomenon in Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 in which, if the Russian language setting is selected and a Wi-Fi access point is not set, the setting for a new access point cannot be made. This phenomenon will not occur in firmware version 22.214.171.124 or earlier. Furthermore, in Firmware Version 126.96.36.199, this phenomenon will not occur if a Wi-Fi access point has already been set in another language setting before the Russian language setting is selected.
3. Improves a phenomenon where LPCM audio in 24P mode is recorded ahead of video. Other Recording Modes and other frame rates are not affected by this phenomenon.
4. Fixes a phenomenon that when recording starts with the camcorder in pre-recording mode in MP4 format, the message "Recording was stopped due to insufficient write speed of the memory card." may appear, or the camcorder may not be able to record and cannot be turned off.
Q2:How can I carry out a firmware update?
Please download the most recent firmware from the Canon Web site and follow the procedure shown on the Web page to install it.
Changes in Version 188.8.131.52:
・Enhances compatibility with third-party remote controllers that are connected to the REMOTE terminal.
・Resolves the phenomenon in which the headphones terminal audio output timing is delayed when [Normal] is selected as the [Monitor Delay] option.
・When recording in the MP4 format [59.94P/50P (35Mbps)], changes have been made in the metadata details so that the time codes can be properly displayed in Apple Final Cut Pro X Version 10.0.9.
<Frame Rate = 59.94P>
- Final Cut Pro X Version 10.0.9 displays frame number as: 00-59
- Camcorder displays frame number as: 00-29 (to comply with SMPTE Standard)
<Frame Rate = 50P>
- Final Cut Pro X Version 10.0.9 displays frame number as: 00-49
- Camcorder displays frame number as: 00-24 ( to comply with EBU standard)
・Corrects some wording in the onscreen guidance for connecting to Remote Browse in languages other than Japanese.
Changes in Version 184.108.40.206:
Due to management purpose
Changes in Version 220.127.116.11:
Start of production