Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 incorporates the following modifications:
1. Enhances compatibility with third-party remote controllers.
2. Resolves the phenomenon in which the headphones terminal audio output timing is delayed when [Normal] is selected as the [Monitor Delay] option.
3. When recording in the MP4 format [59.94P/50P (35Mbps)], changes have been made in the metadata details so that the time codes can be properly displayed in Apple Final Cut Pro X Version 10.0.9.
4. Corrects some mistakes in the onscreen guidance for connecting to Remote Browse in languages other than Japanese.
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 is for the camcorders with Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 to Version 18.104.22.168. If your camcorder's firmware is already Version 22.214.171.124, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the camcorder is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VJE3.FIM / file size: 29,494,144 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following things are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A camcorder body
2. A computer (OS: Mac OS X)
OS Requirements: Mac OS X (10.6-10.9)
3. A 32 MB or higher-capacity SD memory card or an SDHC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Q1: What are the changes of Firmware Version 126.96.36.199?
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 incorporates the following modifications.
・Enhances compatibility with third-party remote controllers that are connected to the REMOTE terminal.
・Resolves the phenomenon in which the headphones terminal audio output timing is delayed when [Normal] is selected as the [Monitor Delay] option.
・When recording in the MP4 format [59.94P/50P (35Mbps)], changes have been made in the metadata details so that the time codes can be properly displayed in Apple Final Cut Pro X Version 10.0.9.
<Frame Rate = 59.94P>
o Final Cut Pro X Version 10.0.9 displays frame number as: 00-59
o Camcorder displays frame number as: 00-29 (to comply with SMPTE Standard)
<Frame Rate = 50P>
o Final Cut Pro X Version 10.0.9 displays frame number as: 00-49
o Camcorder displays frame number as: 00-24 ( to comply with EBU standard)
・Corrects some wording in the onscreen guidance for connecting to Remote Browse in languages other than Japanese.
Q2. How can I carry out a firmware update?
Please download the most recent firmware from the Canon Web site and follow the procedure shown on the Web page to install it.
Changes in Version 184.108.40.206:
Due to management purpose
Changes in Version 220.127.116.11:
Start of production