Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 incorporates the following additional functions and modifications:
1. The fan's Automatic mode has been modified to extend the time during which the fan stops running during recording.
2. Apple iOS6 is now supported when the camera is paired with the WFT-E6 for remote operation.
3. Phase shifting between the GENLOCK Reference Signal and the 3G-SDI terminal/MON. terminal's output has been corrected.
4. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual.
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 is for Cinema EOS C500 and EOS C500 PL cameras with Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00. If your camera's firmware is already Version 220.127.116.11.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VIG3.FIM / file size: 35,066,588 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following things are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A Cinema EOS C500 or EOS C500 PL camera body
2. A computer (OS: Windows)
OS Requirements: Windows® 8, Windows® 7 SP1, Windows Vista™ SP2, Windows® XP SP3
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD memory card or an SDHC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Q: What are the changes of Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00?
1. By making the fan run during REC PAUSE, new specifications have been introduced that extend the length of time the fan stops running during recording. The unit was configured so that no message would appear to inform the user that the fan will start spinning; this was done in order to improve visibility. The user can check if the fan is spinning or not by referring to the conventional icon display.
2. Remote control of the WFT-E6 and Wi-Fi peripherals on an ad-hoc connection using iOS6/Safari has been made possible.
3. The phases of the GENLOCK Reference Signal and the 3G-SDI terminal/MON. terminal's output have been matched.
4. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual. Before the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack was (pin1: shield, pin2: cold, pin3: hot). After the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack will be (pin1: shield, pin2: hot, pin3: cold). The XLR pin configuration meets the international AES standard recommendation. The firmware update will avoid the scenario where use of the unit in combination with a device of different polarity than the XLR terminals would result in reduced sound levels due to a reversal of the phase relationship.