Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following fix.
- Corrects the phenomenon where date/time settings reset.
After the firmware has been updated please perform the following action:
Leave a fully charged LP-E6 Battery Pack inside the camera for at least an hour. This will recharge the backup function control and the issue should not repeat itself again.
If the fully charged LP-E6 Battery Pack is left inside the camera for less than an hour the issue may occur again.
Firmware Version 1.1.3 is for cameras with firmware version 1.1.2. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
<Items of notice when updating the firmware>
When updating the firmware the custom settings for "1: All by same amount" in custom functions (C. Fn II - 9) [AF Microadjustment] will be reset.
If you have this custom setting in place, please set it again after the firmware update.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file: Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file. The extracted folder contains the firmware (file name: 6D000113.FIR / file size: 19,907,580 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.1.3?
A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:
(Previous) Version 1.1.2 improvements:
- Fixes a phenomenon which prevents movie files shot using Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR cameras from being played back on YouTube.
Firmware version 1.1.2 may present some Video Snapshot limitations. Please review the two scenarios and the workaround provided below.
1. EOS 6D running Firmware Version 1.0.9:
If a video snapshot captured when the camera was running firmware 1.0.9 is combined with a video snapshot created by a camera which was running firmware 1.1.2, the resulting video snapshot album will be corrupted.
2. EOS 6D running Firmware Version 1.1.2:
If you try to add a video snapshot from a camera running firmware 1.1.2 to the video snapshot album created when the camera was running firmware 1.0.9, a warning message "Cannot select this movie" will appear and the video snapshot cannot be added to the album.
Please follow this workaround which addresses the two scenarios described above.
1) Shoot a video snapshot and create a video snapshot album.
2) Import the captured video snapshot album to your computer.
3) Start ImageBrowser EX, an application bundled with the EOS 6D.
4) Select the video snapshot album, and select [Edit Movie] in the [Edit] tab.
5) MovieEdit Task will start.
6) Select [Add Image] and select video snapshot album to add the movie snapshot.
7) Select [Save] and [Save image type], and then click [Save].