ImageBrowser 6.9.0a Updater is software that will update a previously installed version of ImageBrowser to ImageBrowser 6.9.0a.
It is necessary that the previous version of your software have been installed when you use this updater on your computer.
English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Russian | Chinese
Changes in ImageBrowser 6.9.0a ;
- Fixed a phenomenon where the camera's serial number that is displayed in the shooting information of the image is not displayed correctly for some of the EOS 60D.
1. Supported OSes
- Mac OS X v10.5 to v10.7
2. Supported PCs
PCs with one of the above OSes installed, that have USB ports installed as standard equipment.
- Still/Movie(AVI): Intel processors
- Movie(MOV): Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or faster(Full HD), Core Duo 1.66GHz or faster(SD/HD)
- Still/Movie(AVI): 1 GB or greater (Mac OS X v10.6/v10.7), 512 MB or greater (Mac OS X v10.5)
- Movie(MOV): 2 GB or greater(Full HD), 1 GB or greater(SD/HD)
Hard Disk Space;
- 300 MB or greater
3. Installation/Update Requirement
ImageBrowser is installed on Macintosh.
The user must have the installation CD for a previous version of ImageBrowser.
- 1,024 × 768 dots and more
(1) When using with Mac OS X 10.7, download and install CameraWindow and EOS Utility from download page on Canon's Web site.
(2) When installing ImageBrowser 6.9.0a Updater, use Digital Photo Professional to develop RAW images.
RAW images cannot be edited in ImageBrowser 6.9.0a. When editing RAW images, please use Digital Photo Professional. The latest version of Digital Photo Professional can be downloaded separately.
For details on the supported models, please check the Digital Photo Professional download pages.
(3) ImageBrowser 6.9.0a Updater does not include EOS Utility and CamerWindow, the applications used for connecting cameras. When downloading images, please use a memory card, or install EOS Utility or CameraWindow from the CD-ROM bundled with the product (if you wish to connect your camera using a USB cable).
The users of ImageBrowser 6.4 can continue using CameraWindow as is.
In Mac OS X 10.5, if you are updating ImageBrowser 6.3 or earlier to ImageBrowser 6.9.0a, download and overwrite-install ImageBrowser 6.5.3 Updater. CameraWindow will be installed additionally.
In Mac OS X 10.6/10.7, if you are updating ImageBrowser 6.3 or earlier to ImageBrowser 6.9.0a, also download and install CameraWindow DC 8.8.
Please refer to the instructions below on how to download and install the software. Exit all other applications when installing this software.
1. Make use if ImageBrowser is installed in your computer, or if you have the installation CD-ROM (Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk or EOS Digital Solution Disk, etc) which includes the old version of ImageBrowser (PowerShot Browser).
2. Download ibx-upd-6-9-0a-3-u01-9l.dmg.gz from the download page. Save the
ibx-upd-6-9-0a-3-u01-9l.dmg.gz file to a folder of your preference on your computer.
3. Double-click the ibx-upd-6-9-0a-3-u01-9l.dmg.gz. After decompressing the file,
ibx-upd-6-9-0a-3-u01-9l.dmg will be created.
4. Double-click ibx-upd-6-9-0a-3-u01-9l.dmg. A drive named IBX_UPD_690a will automatically be created on the desktop.
5. Double-click the UpdateInstaller inside the IBX_UPD_690a drive. The ImageBrowser installation will start.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. If ImageBrowser is being installed for the first time, the installation CD prepared in Step 1 will be required.
7. After the installation is complete, the ImageBrowser installer may ask to restart the computer. In this case, restart the computer. If the installation is completed properly, the downloaded file and the IBX_UPD_690a file will not be necessary.