ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0a Updater is software that will update a previously installed version of ZoomBrowser EX to ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0a.
It is necessary that the previous version of your software have been installed when you use this updater on your computer.
Changes in ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0a ;
- Fixed a phenomenon where the camera's serial number that is displayed in the shooting information of the image is not displayed correctly for some of the EOS 60D.
1. Supported OSes
- Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)
2. Supported PCs
PCs with one of the above OSes installed and that have USB ports installed as standard equipment.
- Still/Movie(AVI): Pentium 1.3GHz or faster
- Movie(MOV): Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or faster(Full HD), Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz or faster(SD/HD)
Windows XP SP3
- Still/Movie (AVI): 512MB or greater
- Movie (MOV): 1GB or greater
Windows Vista / Windows 7
- 1GB or greater
- 2GB or greater (Windows 7 64bit)
Hard Disk Space;
- 200 MB or greater (500 MB maximum)
3. Installation/Update Requirements
The following software must be installed on the PC.
- ZoomBrowser EX 3.x/ 4.x/ 5.x /6.x
The user must have the installation CD for a previous version of ZoomBrowser EX.
- 1,024 x 768 or greater
(1)RAW Image Task (for RAW image processing) is not included in the ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0a Updater software. When using RAW Image Task in ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0a, after installing ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0a Updater, download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater.
In addition, there have been no additions of supported models for RAW Image Task from ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1. RAW Image Task does not support EOS DIGITAL/PowerShot G1 X/PowerShot S100/PowerShot S100V/PowerShot G10/PowerShot G11/PowerShot G12/PowerShot S90/PowerShot S95/PowerShot SX1 IS(RAW model) cameras, and users of these models are advised to use Digital Photo Professional to edit and develop RAW images.
(2)ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0a Updater does not include EOS Utility and CameraWindow, the applications used for connecting cameras. When downloading images, please use a memory card, or install EOS Utility or CameraWindow from the CD-ROM bundled with the product (if you wish to connect your camera using a USB cable). The users of ZoomBrowser Ex 6.0 can continue using CameraWindow as is.
Precautions for Windows Vista /7 Users
To Users of Windows Vista/7:
Users who purchased Windows Vista for the first time can use this updater to install the application. In this case, please have the CD-ROM (DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk) bundled with the products ready.
1. Download and start this updater.
2. Insert the CD-ROM (DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk) into the computer's drive.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Precautions for version 3.x Users
To Users of ZoomBrowser 3.x:
-In order to update to ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0a, it is necessary that ZoomBrowser EX 3 be installed on the target computer.
-It is necessary to transfer the database files as follows:
If you want to display titles and comments added with ZoomBrowser EX 3, you will need to convert the database file used in ZoomBrowser EX 3 for use with ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 before using these applications for the first time.
Please note that if ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is used before this conversion, the titles, comments, sound annotation information added with ZoomBrowser EX 3 will be erased.
1.From the Start menu, select All Program -> Accessories -> Explorer to start Windows Explorer.
2.Open the Program folder under the folder in which ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is installed.
3.Double-click the dbconverter.exe (or dbconverter) icon in that folder.
4.Specify the database file that you have been using and click the Start button
Example: C:\Program Files\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX\Database\My Database.zbd)
5.When a message appears indicating that the database conversion is complete, click OK.
-Database File Conversion Restrictions
There are restrictions on folders under the Program Files folder.
In ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6, folders under the Program Files folder are not displayed. Therefore, images in the Library One folder, which was the default in ZoomBrowser EX 3, cannot be viewed in ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6.
To see the images in the Library One folder, use Windows Explorer to move the images to a location outside the Program Files folder.
* Please move the folders after converting the database file.
Please refer to the instructions below on how to download and install the software. Exit all other applications when installing this software.
1. Check whether ZoomBrowser EX 3.x, 4.x, 5.x or 6.x is already installed on the PC. When using Windows Vista/7, check whether you have an installation CD (Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk or EOS Digital Solution Disk) that includes ZoomBrowser EX.
2. Download zbx-upd-6-9-0a-1-u01-e.zip from the download page.
3. Double-click the zbx-upd-6-9-0a-1-u01-e.zip file. After decompressing the file, ZBX_UPD_6_9_0a_1_U01_E will be created.
4. Double-click ZBX_UPD_6_9_0a_1_U01_E to display ZB690UPD_E.exe.
5. Double-click the ZB690UPD_E.exe file.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen to perform the installation.