EOS Utility is an application that brings together all of the functions required to communicate with the camera. Functions for downloading and displaying images, remote shooting, and camera control of each setting when an EOS DIGITAL camera is connected to a computer have been integrated.
EOS Utility 2.9.0 Updater for Windows is software that will install EOS Utility 2.9.0 on your computer or update a previously installed version of EOS Utility to EOS Utility 2.9.0. It is necessary that the previous version of your software have been installed when you use this updater on your computer.
1. Added supported models
Supports EOS 60D.
2. Added the rating display function.
3. Newly created the [Automatically display Quick Preview window] check box.
This check box is added to the [Basic Settings] in [Preferences].
If you clear the checkbox, the quick preview window will not automatically be displayed after downloading images or shooting remotely.
4. It became possible to select RAW images to use the overlaid display function.
5. It became possible to register peripheral illumination correction data for the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM in the camera.
6. The lens peripheral illumination correction data is also available when attaching the Extender EF 1.4× III or the Extender EF 2× III.
1. Supported OSes
- Windows 7 (All 32-bit/64-bit systems expect for Starter Edition)
- Windows Vista (including SP1/SP2) (All 32-bit/64-bit systems expect for Starter Edition)
- Windows XP SP2/SP3 (Home Edition/Professional)
2. Supported Computers
PCs with one of the supported OSes above preinstalled, that have USB ports as standard equipment. (Operation is not guaranteed on machines that have been upgraded.)
The .NET Framework 2.0 or later is required. *
*: Microsoft’s .NET Framework will be installed along with EOS Utility.
- Pentium 1.3GHz or faster
- 1 GB or greater
- 2 GB or greater (Windows 7 64 bit)
3. Installation Requirements
Any of the following are installed: EOS Utility, File Viewer Utility, EOS Viewer Utility, or CameraWindow DSLR.
Or, in Windows Vista environments, have the updater recognize a CD-ROM bundled with EOS Digital products (EOS Digital Solution Disk or Digital Camera Solution Disk v2).
- Screen Resolution; 1024x768 pixels or more
- Screen colors; Medium (16 bit) or better
5. Supported Models
EOS 60D, EOS Kiss X4 / EOS REBEL T2i / EOS 550D, EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS Kiss X3 / EOS REBEL T1i / EOS 500D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 50D, EOS 40D,EOS 30D, EOS Kiss F / EOS REBEL XS / EOS 1000D, EOS Kiss X2 / EOS REBEL XSi / EOS 450D, EOS Kiss DIGITAL X / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi / EOS 400D DIGITAL, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark III
It is linked with DIGITAL Photo Professional, ZoomBrowser EX, ImageBrowser, Picture Style Editor, but the software has to be the latest version.
Please download the latest version of the software from here.
- Digital Photo Professional (3.9.1 or later)
- ZoomBrowser EX (6.6 or later)
- ImageBrowser (6.6 or later)
- Picture Style Editor (1.8 or later)
1. Make sure that at least one of the following applications is installed.
- EOS Utility
- EOS Viewer Utility
- File Viewer Utility
- CameraWindow DSLR
If the applications above are not installed on a PC running Windows Vista or Windows 7, be sure to prepare one of the following CD-ROMs.
- EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk
- DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk v2
2. Download "eu290en.exe" from the download page.
3. Double-click the "eu290en.exe" file.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
(If the User Account Control window appears, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.)