EOS Utility is an application that brings together all of the functions required to communicate with the camera. Functions for downloading and displaying images, remote shooting, and camera control of each setting when an EOS DIGITAL camera is connected to a computer have been integrated.
EOS Utility 2.9.0 Updater for Mac OS X is software that will install EOS Utility 2.9.0 on your computer or update a previously installed version of EOS Utility to EOS Utility 2.9.0. It is necessary that the previous version of your software have been installed when you use this updater on your computer.
1. Added supported models
2. Added the rating display function.
3. Newly created the [Automatically display Quick Preview window] check box.
This check box is added to the [Basic Settings] in [Preferences].
If you clear the checkbox, the quick preview window will not automatically be displayed after downloading images or shooting remotely.
4. It became possible to select RAW images to use the overlaid display function.
5. It became possible to register peripheral illumination correction data for the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM in the camera.
6. The lens peripheral illumination correction data is also available when attaching the Extender EF 1.4× III or the Extender EF 2× III.
7. Fixed a problem.
Fixes the problem in which certain timer values for interval timer shooting cannot be set normally.
1. Supported OSes
Mac OS X 10.4 (*), 10.5, 10.6
Mac OS 10.5.6 users should update it to Mac OS 10.5.8 or later.
Mac OS 10.4 users should update it to Mac OS 10.4.7 or later.
*: Russian is not supported.
2. Supported Computers
Macs with one of the supported OSes installed and that come with USB ports by default.
Macintosh UFS (UNIX File System) format not supported.
- PowerPC G4, G5, Intel Processor
- 1 GB or greater
3. Installation Requirements
Any of the following are installed: EOS Utility, CameraWindow DSLR
Or, in Mac OS X v10.5 environments, have the updater recognize the CD-ROM bundled with EOS Digital products (EOS Digital Solution Disk or Digital Camera Solution Disk v2).
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 pixels or more
- Colors; Approx. 32,000 colors or more
5. Supported Models
EOS 60D, EOS Kiss X4 / EOS REBEL T2i / EOS 550D, EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS Kiss X3 / EOS REBEL T1i / EOS 500D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 50D, EOS 40D,EOS 30D, EOS Kiss F / EOS REBEL XS / EOS 1000D, EOS Kiss X2 / EOS REBEL XSi / EOS 450D, EOS Kiss DIGITAL X / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi / EOS 400D DIGITAL, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark III
It is linked with Digital Photo Professional, ZoomBrowser EX, ImageBrowser, Picture Style Editor, but the software has to be the latest version.
Please download the latest version of the software from here.
- Digital Photo Professional (3.9.1 or later)
- ZoomBrowser EX (6.6 or later)
- ImageBrowser (6.6 or later)
- Picture Style Editor (1.8 or later)
1. Confirm that one of the following applications is installed.
- EOS Utility
- CameraWindow DSLR
If the relevant application is not installed, prepare one of the following installation CD-ROMs.
- EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk
- DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk v2
2. Download "eu290x.dmg.zip" from the download page.
3. Double-click the "eu290x.dmg.zip" file. After the file is decompressed, the "EU290X.dmg" file is created.
4. Double-click the "EU290X.dmg" file. After the file is decompressed, the disc image "EU290X" is mounted.
5. Double-click the "UpdateInstaller" file in the "EU290X".
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.