Details - ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 Updater for Windows XP
ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 Updater for Windows XP is software that will install ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 on your computer or update a previously installed version of ZoomBrowser EX to ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1.
It is necessary to update your software that the previous version has been already installed on your computer.
Changes of ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1;
1. Now supports the following new products.
- PowerShot A3100 IS/A3000 IS, PowerShot A495/490, PowerShot SD 1400 IS Digital ELPH / IXY 400F / Digital IXUS 130, PowerShot SD 1300 IS Digital ELPH /IXY 200F / Digital IXUS 105, PowerShot SX210 IS, PowerShot SD 3500 IS Digital ELPH / IXY 10S / Digital IXUS 210
- iVIS HF S21/VIXIA HF S21/LEGRIA HF S21, VIXIA HF S20/LEGRIA HF S20, VIXIA HF S200/LEGRIA HF S200, VIXIA HF R11/LEGRIA HF R18, iVIS HF R10/VIXIA HF R10/VIXIA HF R16/VIXIA HF R17, iVIS HF R100/VIXIA HF R100/LEGRIA HF R106, iVIS HF M31/VIXIA HF M31, VIXIA HF M30/LEGRIA HF M36, VIXIA HF M300/LEGRIA HF M306
- EOS Kiss X4 / EOS REBEL T2i / EOS 550D, EOS 5D Mark II (firmware updated to v2.0.3)
2. The application version for downloading images (CameraWindow DC) has been changed.
If users were using either CameraWindow 6.x or CameraWindow DC 7.x to download images from compact digital cameras, or CameraWindow 6.x to download images from digital video cameras with previous ZoomBrowser versions, some functions will no longer be availble after the application is updated. (*) Also, after the version update, images will be saved to the default folder of CameraWindow DC 8.1 instead.
*: Printing and direct transfer can no longer be carried out. (Images already downloaded can be printed out from ZoomBrowser EX.) Also, remote shooting using RemoteCaputure Task (for models that support RemoteCaputure Task) and wireless connection (for models that suport wireless connection) are no longer available.
3. The following problems have been fixed.
- Fixes a problem where more time is required to display RAW images captured with some the models.
- Fixes a problem where in some environments, MovieEdit Task cannot be started from ZoomBrowser EX.
1. Supported OSes
- Windows XP SP2, SP3 (32bit)
2. Supported PCs
PCs with one of the above OSes installed and that have USB ports installed as standard equipment.
- Still/Movie(AVI): Pentium 1.3GHz or faster
- Movie(MOV): Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or faster(Full HD), Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz or faster(SD/HD)
- Still/Movie(AVI): 512MB or greater
- Movie(MOV): 1GB or greater
Hard Disk Space;
- 200 MB or greater (500 MB maximum)
3. Installation/Update Requirements
The following software must be installed on the PC.
- ZoomBrowser EX 3.x/ 4.x/ 5.x /6.x
- 1024 x 768 or greater
1. RAW Image Task(RAW image processing) is not included in ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 Updater. If you want to use them in ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1, please download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater after installing ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 Updater.
ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater can be downloaded separately.
2. To users of the DIGITAL/PowerShot G10/PowerShot G11/PowerShot S90/PowerShot SX1 IS (RAW model) cameras:
Users of the following digital SLR cameras are asked to use the Digital Photo Professional software to install ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1.
The latest version of Digital Photo Professional can be downloaded separately.
In addition, digital SLR cameras cannot be connected with this updater. Users of the digital SLR cameras are asked to use EOS Utility at the same time.
The latest version of EOS Utility can be downloaded separately.
3. To Users of ZoomBrowser 3.x:
- In order to update to ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1, it is necessary that ZoomBrowser EX 3 be installed on the target computer.
- It is necessary to transfer the database files as follows:
If you want to display titles and comments added with ZoomBrowser EX 3, you will need to convert the database file used in ZoomBrowser EX 3 for use with ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 before using these applications for the first time.
Please note that if ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is used before this conversion, the titles, comments, sound annotation information added with ZoomBrowser EX 3 will be erased.
1)From the Start menu, select All Program -> Accessories -> Explorer to start Windows Explorer.
2)Open the Program folder under the folder in which ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is installed.
3)Double-click the dbconverter.exe (or dbconverter) icon in that folder.
4)Specify the database file that you have been using and click the Start button
(Example: C:\Program Files\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX\ Database \My Database.zbd)
5)When a message appears indicating that the database conversion is complete, click OK.
- Database File Conversion Restrictions
There are restrictions on folders under the Program Files folder.
In ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6, folders under the Program Files folder are not displayed. Therefore, images in the Library One folder, which was the default in ZoomBrowser EX 3, cannot be viewed in ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6.
To see the images in the Library One folder, use Windows Explorer to move the images to a location outside the Program Files folder.
* Please move the folders after converting the database file.
- RAW Image Converter 1.x cannot be started from ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6.
When converting RAW images, please either start RAW Image Converter separately or use ZoomBrowser EX.
- There is no longer a TWAIN interface in ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6. Please use ZoomBrowser EX to download images.
- Windows Meta Files, FlashPix are no longer supported.
- The Time Tunnel viewer function has been eliminated.
- The 360-degree viewer for panoramic images has been eliminated.
- The function for displaying the camera owner’s name in slideshows has been eliminated.
Please refer to the following instructions on how to download and install the software.
Check whether ZoomBrowser EX 3.x, 4.x, 5.x or 6.x is already installed on the PC.
1. Download "zb651xpupd-en.exe" from the download page.
2. Double-click the "zb651xpupd-en.exe" file.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
(If the User Account Control window appears, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.)
4. ZoomBrowser EX 3.x users need to carry out the tasks that are described in the precautions.
1) Transfer the database files.
2) Move images out of the Library One Folder.