EOS Utility is an application that brings together all of the functions required to communicate with the camera. Functions for downloading and displaying images, remote shooting, and camera control of each setting when an EOS DIGITAL camera is connected to a computer have been integrated.
EOS Utility 2.7.2 Updater for Mac OS X is software that will install EOS Utility 2.7.2 on your computer or update a previously installed version of EOS Utility to EOS Utility 2.7.2.
1. Added supported models
Supports EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark IV
2. Added a panel for AEB settings (Only EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS Kiss X3 / EOS REBEL T1i / EOS 500D, EOS 5D Mark II, and EOS 50D are supported.)
3. Flash settings are now available. (Only EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D, and EOS-1D Mark IV are supported.)
From EOS Utility, you can set the flash settings of certain separately-sold EX Speedlites or the camera's flash function to use the flash during shooting.
4. Drive mode setting is now available. (Only EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS Kiss X3 / EOS REBEL T1i / EOS 500D, EOS 5D Mark II, and EOS 50D are supported.)
5. Mirror-up shooting can now be set. (This is only available for EOS 7D, and EOS-1D Mark IV.)
6. WFT-E5 (A/B/C/D) is now supported.
1. Supported OSes
MacOS X v10.4 - v.10.5
* Mac OS 10.5 users should update it to Mac OS 10.5.3 or later. Mac OS 10.5.6 users should update it to Mac OS 10.5.7 or later.
Mac OS 10.4 users should update it to Mac OS 10.4.8 or later.
2. Supported computers
2-1. To Users of EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS Kiss X3 / EOS REBEL T1i / EOS 500D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 50D, EOS Kiss F / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS / EOS 1000D, EOS Kiss X2 / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi / EOS DIGITAL 450D, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS 40D, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS Kiss DIGITAL X / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi / EOS 400D DIGITAL, EOS 30D, EOS 5D, EOS Kiss DIGITAL N / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT / EOS 350D DIGITAL, EOS 20D, EOS 20Da, EOS Kiss DIGITAL / EOS DIGITAL REBEL / EOS 300D DIGITAL, EOS 10D, EOS D60, EOS D30
Macs with one of the supported OSes preinstalled and that come with USB ports by default. (Macintosh UFS (UNIX File System) format not supported.)(*)
2-2. To Users of EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1D
Macs with one of the supported OSes preinstalled, with an OHCI-compliant IEEE 1394 port by default. (Macintosh UFS (UNIX File System) format not supported.)(*)
(*) Macintosh UFS (UNIX File System) format not supported.
-PowerPC G4, G5, Intel Processor
-1 GB or greater
3. Update or Installation Requirements
Any of the following are installed: EOS Utility, CW-DSLR Or, in Mac OS X v10.5 environments, have the updater recognize the CD-ROM bundled with EOS Digital products (EOS Digital Solution Disk v1 to v21 or Digital Camera Solution Disk v2).
It is linked with Digital Photo Professional, ZoomBrowser EX, ImageBrowser, Picture Style Editor, but the software has to be the latest version.
The updater for EOS Utility can be downloaded separately.
-Digital Photo Professional (3.7 or later)
-ZoomBrowser EX (6.4.1 or later)
-ImageBrowser (6.4.1 or later)
-Picture Style Editor (1.6 or later)
Confirm that one of the following applications is installed.
- EOS Utility
As for a PC running Mac OS 10.5, if the relevant application is not installed, prepare one of the following installation CD-ROMs.
- EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk v1 - v21
- DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk v2
1. Download "eu272x.dmg" from the download page.
2. Double-click the UpdateInstaller file in the automounted disk image, "EU272OSX".
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.