ZoomBrowser EX 6.4.1 Updater is software that will install ZoomBrowser EX 6.4.1 on your computer or update a previously installed version of ZoomBrowser EX to ZoomBrowser EX 6.4.1.
It is necessary to update your software that the previous version has been already installed on your computer.
Changes of ZoomBrowser EX 6.4.1:
1. Uses separate files for Windows Vista and Windows XP updaters and operating systems (The functions of the application are the same.)
2. Supports PowerShot G11, PowerShot S90, IXY DIGITAL 930 IS/PowerShot SD 980 IS Digital ELPH/Digital IXUS 200 IS, IXY DIGITAL 220 IS/PowerShot SD 940 IS Digital ELPH/Digital IXUS 120 IS, PowerShot SX20 IS, and PowerShot SX120 IS
(In order to connect with above mentioned products, it is necessary to overwrite the application by installing the CD-ROM bundled with the products.)
3. Supports EOS 7D
4. The Russian version is added. However, the following limitations applies to the Russian version.
Limitations: English indications appear when using a USB cable to connect with previous models (compact digital cameras released by 1H 2009 and all supported digital video camcorders) to downloard images.
1. Supported OSes
Windows Vista (including SP1, SP2)
2. Supported PCs
PCs with one of the above OSes installed and that have USB ports installed as standard equipment.
-Still/Movie(AVI): Pentium 1.3GH or faster
-Movie(MOV): Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or faster(Full HD), Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz or faster(SD/HD)
1GB or greater
3. Installation/Update Requirements
The following software must be installed on the PC.
- ZoomBrowser EX 3.x/ 4.x/ 5.x /6.x
- In a Windows Vista environment, get the updater to recognize an installation CD that includes the old version of ZoomBrowser EX.
1024 x 768 or greater
1. RAW Image Task(RAW image processing) is not included in ZoomBrowser EX 6.4.1 Updater. If you want to use them in ZoomBrowser EX 6.4.1, please download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater after installing ZoomBrowser EX 6.4.1 Updater.
ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater can be downloaded separately.
2. To Users of the EOS DIGITAL/PowerShot G10/PowerShot SX1 IS(RAW model) camera:
Users of the following digital cameras are asked to use the Digital Photo Professional software to install ZoomBrowse EX 6.4.1.
The latest version of Digital Photo Professional can be downloaded separately.
Users of the digital SLR camera are asked to use EOS Utility at the same time.
The latest version of EOS Utility can be downloaded separately.
EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 50D, EOS Kiss X3/ EOS REBEL T1i/ EOS 500D ,EOS Kiss F/ EOS Rebel XS/ EOS 1000D, EOS Kiss X2/ EOS Rebel XSi/ EOS 450D DIGITAL, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS 40D, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS DIGITAL Kiss X/ EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi/ EOS 400D DIGITAL, EOS-1D, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS 5D, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 20Da, EOS 30D, EOS Kiss Digital/ EOS DIGITAL REBEL/ EOS 300D, EOS Kiss Digital N/ EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/ EOS 350D, EOS D30, EOS D60
PowerShot G10, PowerShot SX1 IS (RAW model)
3. Precautions for version 3.x Users
To Users of ZoomBrowser 3.x:
3-1. In order to update to ZoomBrowser EX 6.4.1, it is necessary that ZoomBrowser EX 3 be installed on the target computer.
3-2. It is necessary to transfer the database files as follows:
If you want to display titles and comments added with ZoomBrowser EX 3, you will need to convert the database file used in ZoomBrowser EX 3 for use with ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 before using these applications for the first time.
Please note that if ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is used before this conversion, the titles, comments, sound annotation information added with ZoomBrowser EX 3 will be erased.
- From the Start menu, select All Program -> Accessories -> Explorer to start Windows Explorer.
- Open the Program folder under the folder in which ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is installed.
- Double-click the dbconverter.exe (or dbconverter) icon in that folder.
- Specify the database file that you have been using and click the Start button
Example: C:\Program Files\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX\ Database\My Database.zbd)
- When a message appears indicating that the database conversion is complete, click OK.
3-3. Database File Conversion Restrictions
There are restrictions on folders under the Program Files folder.
In ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6, folders under the Program Files folder are not displayed. Therefore, images in the Library One folder, which was the default in ZoomBrowser EX 3, cannot be viewed in ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6.
To see the images in the Library One folder, use Windows Explorer to move the images to a location outside the Program Files folder.
* Please move the folders after converting the database file.
3-4. RAW Image Converter 1.x cannot be started from ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6.
When converting RAW images, please either start RAW Image Converter separately or use ZoomBrowser EX.
3-5. There is no longer a TWAIN interface in ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6. Please use ZoomBrowser EX to download images.
3-6. Windows Meta Files, FlashPix are no longer supported.
3-7. The Time Tunnel viewer function has been eliminated.
3-8. The 360-degree viewer for panoramic images has been eliminated.
3-9. The function for displaying the camera owner's name in slideshows has been eliminated.
4. To Users of Windows Vista:
Users who purchased Windows Vista for the first time can use this updater to install the application. In this case, please have the CD-ROM (EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk) bundled with the products ready.
4-1. Download and start this updater.
4-2. Insert the CD-ROM (EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk) into the computer's drive.
4-3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Please refer to the following instructions on how to download and install the software.
Check whether ZoomBrowser EX 3.x, 4.x, 5.x or 6.x is already installed on the PC or check whether you have an installation CD that includes ZoomBrowser EX.
1. Download "zb641vistaupd-en.exe" from the download page.
2. Double-click the "zb641vistaupd-en.exe" file.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
(If the User Account Control window appears, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.)
4. ZoomBrowser EX 3.x users need to carry out the tasks that are described in the precautions.
4-1. Transfer the database files.
4-2. Move images out of the Library One Folder.