ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater is software that will install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a on your computer or update a previously installed version of ZoomBrowser EX to ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a.
It is necessary to update your software that the previous version has been already installed on your computer.
The latest version of ZoomBrowser EX is 6.3.1. However, RAW Image Task(RAW image processing) is not included in ZoomBrowser EX 6.3.1 Updater. And ZoomBrowser EX 6.3.1 is not supported by Windows 2000 (SP4).
If you want to use Windows 2000 or RAW Image Task, please download and install this software. When you download, please refer to the "Caution".
Changes to ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a for Windows
Change of Supported OSes
Added support for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
1. Supported OSes
Windows Vista (including SP1), Windows XP SP2, Windows 2000 SP4
2. Supported PCs
PCs installed with one of the OSes above and that have USB ports installed as standard equipment.
- Pentium 500MHz or faster (Windows 2000/XP)
- Pentium 1.3GHz or faster (Windows Vista)
- 256MB or faster (Windows 2000/XP)
- 512MB or faster (Windows Vista)
3. Installation/Update Requirements
The following software must be installed on the PC.
- ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/ 3.x/ 4.x/ 5.x /6.x
Installation Requirements: Either of the following must be installed on the PC.
- Digital Photo Professional
- EOS Viewer Utility
Or, in a Windows Vista environment, get the updater to recognize an installation CD that includes at least one of the following applications.
- ZoomBrowser EX- Digital Photo Professional
- EOS Viewer Utility
4. MovieEdit Task-compatible QuickTime
QuickTime 7.1 or later (Required only for Windows 2000)
1. Windows 2000 users;
Please download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater.
2. RAW Image Task users;
Please download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater after installing ZoomBrowser EX 6.3.1 Updater.
3. To Users of EOS Digital Products:
If you install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a, users of the following digital SLR cameras should use EOS Utility. EOS Utility is an application for connecting to EOS Digital cameras, controlling them from a PC, and taking remote shots.
The updater for EOS Utility can be downloaded separately.
EOS Utility-compatible Models
EOS Kiss X2 / EOS Rebel XSi / EOS 450D, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS 40D, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS DIGITAL KISS X / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTI / EOS 400D DIGITAL, EOS-1D, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS 5D, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 20Da, EOS 30D, EOS Kiss Digital / EOS DIGITAL REBEL / EOS 300D, EOS Kiss Digital N / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT / EOS 350D, EOS D30, EOS D60
4. To users of ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x:
- In order to update to ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a, it is necessary that ZoomBrowser EX 2 or 3 be installed on the target computer.
- It is necessary to transfer the database files as follows:
If you want to display titles and comments added with ZoomBrowser EX 2 or 3 on ZoomBrowser EX 4 or 5, you will need to convert the database file used in ZoomBrowser EX 2 or 3 for use with ZoomBrowser EX 4 or 5 before using these applications for the first time.
Please note that if ZoomBrowser EX 4 or 5 is used before this conversion, the titles, comments, sound annotation information added with ZoomBrowser EX 2 or 3 will be erased.
4-1. From the Start menu, select All Programs -> Accessories -> Explorer to start Windows Explorer.
4-2. Open the Program folder under the folder in which ZoomBrowser EX 4 or 5 is installed.
4-3. Double-click dbconverter.exe (or dbconverter) icon in that folder.
4-4. Specify the database file that you have been using and click the Start button
(Example: C:\Program Files\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX\Database \My Database.zbd)
4-5. When a message appears indicating that the database conversion is complete, click OK.
- Database File Conversion Restrictions
There are restrictions on folders under the Program Files folder.
In ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5, or 6, folders under the Program Files folder are not displayed. Therefore images in the Library One folder, which was the default in ZoomBrowser EX 2 or 3, cannot be viewed in ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5, or 6.
To see the images in the Library One folder, use Windows Explorer to move the images to a location outside the Program Files folder.
* Please move the folders after converting the database file.
- RAW Image Converter 1.x cannot be started from ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5, or 6.
When converting RAW images, please either start RAW Image Converter separately or install File Viewer Utility.
- There is no longer a TWAIN interface in ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5, or 6. Please use ZoomBrowser EX to download images.
- Windows Meta Files, FlashPix are no longer supported.
- The Time Tunnel viewer function has been eliminated.
- The 360-degree viewer for panoramic images has been eliminated.
- The function for displaying the camera owner's name in slideshows has been eliminated.
Please refer to the following instructions on how to download and install the software.
Check if ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x/4.x/5.x/6x, Digital Photo Professional 1.x, or EOS Viewer Utility 1.x is installed on the PC or if you have installation CD for any of these applications.
1. Download zb611upd-en.exe from the download page.
2. Double-click the zb611upd-en.exe file.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
(If the User Account Control window appears, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.)
4. ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x Users: Please do the following things, as described in the precautions.
4-1. Transfer the database files.
4-2. Move images out of the Library One Folder.