The EOS M Digital Camera features an enhanced Scene Intelligent Auto mode that incorporates a number of Canon technologies to deliver the best possible exposure. Joining Picture Style Auto, Automatic Lighting Optimizer, Automatic White Balance, Autofocus, and Automatic Exposure, Scene Intelligent Auto mode analyzes the image, accounting for faces, colors, brightness, moving objects, contrast, even whether the camera is handheld or on a tripod, and then chooses the exposure and enhancements that bring out the best in any scene or situation.
Fill the XA - Smartphone Gap
We need Canon to break the mold and this camera is on the track but not the answer. Smartphones are the best camera because they are with you. Instead we need:
- A small body but with this highly capable large sensor.
- A high quality, fixed lens of 28 or 35-mm (35mm format equivalent).
- An Electronic View Finder (EFV) besides the back screen.
- Built in WiFi that can emit its own standalone WiFi field like some SD memory cards, and GPS. (Besides positioning, GPS enables highly accurate time synchronized images to the second.)
- WiFi enabled remote viewing and operation by smartphone.
- And most importantly, it runs on AA batteries. If you can't bring yourself to break the paradigm of small expensive, underpowered Lithium batteries, at least enable an external AA battery pack accessory. AA batteries are not only less expensive, but far more versatile.
- Develop a post processing smartphone / tablet app that be continually upgraded as an accessory for Canon cameras.
- Think XA
December 7, 2013
White screen of death
Have owned this camera for less than 2 weeks. I shot more than 300 photos with it and LOVED the IQ and was not bothered by the slow auto focus. HOWEVER, the camera freezes up -- I get a white screen, the shutter won't fire, the menu button doesn't work. This has happened 3 times in less than two weeks; the first 2 times I removed the battery and waited a bit, reinserted the battery and all was OK. 4 hours ago this happened again and the 'normal' fix is no longer working. VERY DISAPPOINTED. I loved the IQ and the size and build quality of the eos m. I was looking forward to using this small but great IQ camera when backpacking and hoped to be able to carry it pretty much everywhere I go; I REALLY wanted to like this camera, but my experience has been horrible.
November 15, 2013
I bought two of these, one with the 22mm and the other with the 18-55mm. They give great photo quality and are very sturdily built. I am hoping for more lenses and even more great performance with further firmware updates!
October 16, 2013
After the firmware upgrade AF is somewhat faster but still very slow. Battery life is not so good. Has anyone tried to use the firmware upgrade from the Canon 7d/t4i on this? Obviously the Digic 5 processor is fast enough, so what is the problem with slow AF? Still not happy with this camera...
October 7, 2013